The inaugural Global Latin American Voices at the Roundhouse theatre showcases excerpts of plays by Latinx writers from around the globe, never before staged in the UK. The readings will be followed by a post-performance conversation about the works featured and the common themes unearthed. Special guests soon to be announced.
Curated by Roundhouse producer and Head of Performing Arts, Malú Ansaldo, the selected works are:
- The Extraordinary Life translated by Laura Guidi, written by Mariano Tenconi Blanco (Argentina) and directed by Miguel Hernando Torres Umba
- The S.A.D Summers of Princess Diana by Carla Zuñiga (Chile), translated by Fran Olivares, directed by Julieta Kilgelmann
- The Ranch of the Lost Boys translated and written by Sebastián Eddowes_ (Perú) directed by Almiro Andrade
- La Jana by Juan Aguilera Justiniano (Chile), translated by Roberto Cavazos, directed by María José Andrade
- Nezahualcóyotl Dreams en Mictlan York by Xavier Villanova (Mexico), translated by Roberto Cavazos, directed by Pepa Duarte
The performances will be followed by a panel discussion chaired by Professor Catherine Boyle.
Tickets £8. For more information and to book tickets, see the Roundhouse Theatre website.
About Global Voices
A platform for stories unheard: Global Voices is a theatre company working with international playwrights based outside the UK to showcase plays in translation and from the wider English-speaking world, through uniquely curated events.
You can follow Global Voices on Twitter @GlobalVoicesTh