A conference, organised by Elena Polisca and Sascha Stollhans, exploring cross-sector collaborations in language education in the UK. Taking place at Lancaster University, 28 September 2019, it invites primary and secondary teachers, academics, other language professionals and policy makers to discuss ideas to tackle the ‘language crisis’ in the UK, and explore potential cross-sector collaborations. The event will result in the publication of open-access position papers with recommendations for future developments in British language education.
Confirmed keynote speakers include:
- Pascale Vassie OBE, National Resource Centre for Supplementary Education
- Dr Shirley Lawes, Lecturer and Researcher in Education, UCL
- Helen Myers, Assistant Head, The Ashcombe School & Chair of Association for Language Learning London Branch
- René Koglbauer, Dean of Lifelong Learning and Professional Practice, Executive Director of North Leadership Centre, Newcastle University & UCML Schools Liaison Officer
- Janet Lloyd, Primary Languages Network
- Dr Francesca La Morgia, Assistant Professor, Trinity College Dublin & Founder of Mother Tongues Ireland
A Language Acts and Worldmaking Small Grants event.