Date: 13th - 15th December 2017
Venue: Europe House, 32 Smith Square, Westminster, London SW1P 3EU, UK
The Fifth International "Translating Voices, Translating Regions" Conference will be hosted at Europe House and will focus on themes such as minority languages, risks, disasters and regional crises. It will look at the role of professional and non-professional translators and interpreters as mediators during crises.
Some of the topics that will be covered include:
- Use of multimedia translation for crises
- Audiovisual translation and the representation of emergencies and crises
- Reporting international, multilingual crises
- Minority languages and lack of translation technologies
- Accessing evidence, news, information, and sources of crisis in minority languages.
Sign up for this event here
Find out more about this event here
Download the programme for this event here