Language Acts and Worldmaking invites proposals for its forthcoming forum for researchers and practitioners, 'Worldmaking on Stage and the Work of Theatre Translation Beyond the Stage', taking place 30 July 2019 at King's College London. The forum is the first day of the Out of the Wings 2019 Festival and the deadline to submit an abstract is Thursday 23 May 5pm UK time.
We will explore questions about the work of theatre translation beyond the stage. How can theatre translation techniques be used productively in other sectors? How do we teach creativity to theatre translation trainees and students? Are there approaches to translating for the stage that can be transferred across disciplines?
Animated by these questions, panels of presenters will focus on broad themes of creativity in theatre translation practice and translation pedagogy. Informal networking sessions will support interaction between participants and presenters and encourage new partnerships. We invite short proposals for ten-minute provocations engaging with any of the following topic areas:
- Opportunities for sharing theatre translation practice across sectors e.g. therapeutic interventions and therapeutic practice
- Creating spaces for sharing translations in the form of readings and performances
- Setting up fruitful collaborations
- Ways of working inside and outside of universities to reach a range of audiences
- Challenges and opportunities for creative translation in university programmes
The full cfp can be downloaded here.
This event is a collaboration between Out of the Wings, Language Acts and Worldmaking, and TranslationStudies@Goldsmiths. For further details of the festival, including the programme, readings, workshops and events please check www.ootwfestival.com.